The team were lucky enough to explore Belfast, Ireland with the Conference & Incentive Travel Agents Forum in July. Not only did the team explore from a leisure point of view but also a corporate perspective.
The city is split up into Quarters, such as the Cathedral Quarter full of bars and live music, to the Queens Quarter which is home to the botanic gardens and Ulster museum.
We found Belfast to be one of the friendliest cities we have visited! Once known for “The Troubles” it is now a thriving, vibrant, hospitality city that is just waiting to welcome guests to explore!
Visit Belfast & Visit Ireland help give us the low on down on what Ireland and Belfast have to offer, and it really is a lot!
We’ve come up with the Top 10 Reasons Why Belfast is Perfect For Your Next Corporate Event.
The number of activities the city can provide
- 1. Of course, one of the absolute highlights of visiting Belfast is the Titanic Museum. This space is not only great for learning about the building and the tragedy, but they have an amazing private dining space with views over the river.
- 2. The Belfast bus tours (we recommend City Sightseeing’s Hop on Hop Off buses) are informative and a great way to get an overall view of the city. From visiting the Falls Road to Shankill Memorial Garden, there is a lot of interesting locations and snippets of history.
- 3. The city is also the perfect place for some of our most popular team building activities such as The Killing CSI Experience, GPS Treasure Hunts & Escape the Box!
Activities outside of the city centre
- 4. Take the beautiful coastal road from Belfast city centre up to the Giants Causeway! Outside the city, there are activities such as visiting The Bushmills Distillery. The Giants Causeway, Toor Head, take a trip to some of the “Game of Doors” carved doors and lots of castles to explore!
- 5. Belfast has two airports, making it super accessible! George Best airport is only a few minutes outside of the city centre, meaning delegates can jump on a plane at Heathrow and within about 3 hours can be checking into their hotel rooms.
- 6. There are over 100 cost-effective flights from all over the UK every day. Cost-effective is a keyword here! With flights with Air Lingus, EasyJet & Ryanair. Depending on the dates you can get most flights for less than £50 return!
- 7. UK Citizens don’t need passports! This is perfect for taking your team away without some having to incur big costs or miss out if they don’t already have a passport! UK Citizens can travel on a driving license! (Please note this does not reply to Ryanair).
- 8. The calibre of venues on offer
Belfast has an absolute abundance of nice hotels and conference spaces ready for your next event. From the super central “Grand Central Hotel”, to the beautiful 5* hotel “The Merchant” (which is independently owned, has a variety of different period styled rooms and does the most delicious afternoon tea in all of Belfast).
- 9. We spent quite a bit of time in the ICC Belfast which is a large scale convention centre. What makes it unique is its central location in the city! It is so easy for everyone staying in Belfast to access.
- 10. In addition to all of the above, there is, of course, the draw of “Game of Thrones”. The main filming for many of the series took place here, and it is evident! From costumes dotted around the city to the Game of Doors, and Game of Thrones tours on offer! Even if people from your team aren’t “Throners” there is no doubt the thought, effort, and relics are worth a visit!
SkyScanner describes Belfast as “A cosmopolitan and thriving city that combines modern and traditional living.” Which we at Right Angle think it very accurate!