Right Angle Corporate Ltd is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy environment for our employees and our clients and minimises our potential impact on the environment.
We will operate in a manner that ensures compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and will strive to meet best practices in all we do.
We commit to managing environmental impact as an integral part of our business operations. In particular, it is our policy to assure the environmental integrity of our processes and facilities at all times. We will do so by adhering to the following principles:
- We will employ management systems and procedures specifically designed to minimise the use of hazardous materials, energy and other natural resources, to minimise the generation of waste, and to enable recycling and reuse of materials.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve our environmental performance by establishing objectives and targets, measuring progress, and reviewing our results; including but not limited to energy, water, paper and fuel consumption and vehicle miles travelled.
- Promote participation and communicate our commitment to responsible environmental management by promoting environmental responsibility among our employees; by providing the necessary training and support to enable them to implement this policy; by informing suppliers of our environmental policy and encouraging them to adopt effective environmental management practices; and by soliciting input from our employees, suppliers and customers in meeting our environmental goals.
Our carbon footprint from June 2017 – June 2018 was measured to be 35.7 tCO2e/year. Out of scopes plastic emissions was measured to be 17.7 tCO2e/year. We seek to reduce both of these by 5% by June 2020.
The following measures will be taken by management and employees to reduce waste, prevent pollution, and conserve water and energy:
Waste Reduction and Recycling
Minimise our waste and reuse or recycle as much of it as is possible, in particular:
- All paper/cardboard/glass/plastic etc will be recycled in accordance with local waste management procedures
- All CSI suits will be retained after use and recycled in agreement with agreed recycling agent
- Milk is purchased in recyclable bottles from a local milk supplier
- Printer cartridges are returned to the supplier or recycled accordingly
- Employees are encouraged to reduce the amount of paper use as possible
Minimise energy and water use within our buildings and processes in order to conserve supplies and minimise the consumption of natural resources.
As far as is possible, purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes.
Silver Carbon Charter
We are delighted to have been awarded a Silver Carbon Charter for our environmental efforts.
The Panel was impressed with Right Angle Corporate Ltd, as it has a clear core ideal of environmental sustainability with many actions undertaken to be sustainable that effect business decisions and procurement.