More About Sustainable Cooking Team Building
We run this fantastic pop-up sustainable cooking focused team building activity as a competition! The experience starts with a briefing from our professional chefs and a first class knife skills demonstration (as well as quick health and safety talk). The event host and chef will then demonstrate 2-3 dishes that guests will need to replicate during the course of the event.
Each team will have their own colour coded cookery zone so they know what space they can use (and to make sure no one sabotages the other teams’ dishes, which has been known to happen!). Guests will have access to our mini farmer’s market. They must pick their ingredients carefully in order to make their delicious dishes. Teams must also work to a strict budget, handing over only the minimum amount to our market trader.
The selection of ingredients will be a key part of the activity. We will be looking for the best value and quality of cooked dishes with waste deducted from the final score. Our chef will be on hand to offer advice and also to keep an eye on how teams are doing. The chefs at the event will spend a lot of time observing the teams and how they are working. Judge areas include how they prepare the food, the power consumption and the waste produced. They will also offer helpful tips and advice as to how teams can reduce their carbon footprints. Such as cooking with stacking bamboo steaming baskets and pickling techniques (as opposed to cooking). Highlighting some of these things will help guests to learn tips for when they are cooking at home, a great “take away” from the event.
To finish, the team running the event will give their feedback and award medals to the best overall team who met the strict criteria. This activity is a bundle of fun and very creative as it requires thinking outside the box. The final verdict will include the taste, skills and look of the dishes but also resourcefulness and budgeting, an important message for every company. Sustainability is a huge theme for companies at the moment, and this sustainable team building activity is the perfect fit.
If you love the idea of Sustainable Cooking Team Building Activity, but this one isn’t quite for you then why not check out our Chocolatier’s Apprentice Experience, or our Bake That! baking team building activity.
Memorable sustainability-focused team building events to inspire and motivate your team.
Flexibility and creativity are at the heart of everything we do. We want our clients to experience an event that is outstanding and unforgettable. All of our events are tailored to you and your objectives.
- Host the event at ANY venue, we bring absolutely all of the equipment needed for the event and take away all rubbish too.
- The event is run by professional chefs, meaning you will all be learning from the best.
- Guests will all get to learn new skills whilst also being very conscious of their waste
- Create a variety of dishes that you can indulgence in once the final scores are in!
- Work with more unusual, locally sourced produce
- Knife and cookery skills
- Learn tips on how to cook at home, whilst being conscious of your carbon footprint
- Becoming more sustainable and resourceful is all our responsibility, this is a great eye-opening event
- This experience also works wonderfully as a full day experience by combining it with our Cocktail Making Event.